HOTEL   |   ROOMS & SUITES   |   SPA   |   SUMMER   |   WINTER   |   GOLF   |   PRICES & PACKAGES  
Via Kleinmichl 33
I-39040 Castelrotto South Tyrol
Dolomites UNESCO World Natural Heritage

Tel: +39 0471 706 639
Fax: +39 0471 707 285
Email: info@hotelcastel.it

>
AUSFLUGSTIPPS
   UM DAS CASTEL



>
USEFUL LINKS
    Webcam Castelrotto
    Photo gallery
    Guestbook
    Download Depliant
    Location

>
OFFERS
    Excursions around the Hotel Castel
    Our hut / Hof zu Fall


>
THE WEATHER

   
 
Suggestions for walks around the Hotel Castel
The main church of Castelrotto
The church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Castelrotto dates back to the Classicistic epoch. The tower is a freestanding belfry representing the town’s landmark. The gothic styled old tower was damaged during a village fire in 1753 and was rebuilt in the year 1756.
 
The Calvary
One of South Tyrolean uniquely structures of buildings is represented by the “Kofl”, the hill of Castelrotto with the Calvary construction. The pilgrim way starts in the centre of the village and leads along porphyry rock steps lined by several chapels and ending by the romantic tower. The seven chapels show Jesus’ farewell to his mother, the Mount of Olives, hand washing and thorns coronation, carry of the cross and the entombment of Christ (pleasant walk, app. 20 minutes).
 
The pond Völser Weiher
The Völser Weiher is really a natural jewel. The marsh water dotted with water lilies situated in the dense pine forest mirrors gorgeous images of the mountain Sciliar at any time of the day and the season. In summer, the pond becomes a popular bathing place and in winter a natural ice-rink in the middle of wonderful scenery.

Witch Benches

Sober-minded scientists term the rock formation on the Bullaccia as strange natural disposed columns of Augit porphyry. The view from above seems to show a brick flooring, whereas the sight from below points to a solid seat. This spot is, apart from its geological and prehistoric peculiarity, uniqueness in regard of the scenic beauty and the panoramic view.
   
Farmer Museum at the farm Tschötscherhof in St. Oswald and School Museum in Tagusens
Contemporary witnesses of bygone times give account of the religious life and the hard and difficult activity of the mountain farmers. Entry: voluntary donation in support of the Rural Emergency Foundation of South Tyrol. Daily opening – closed on Wednesday – guide on request

The farm Pflegerhof

This farm is located in St. Oswald, far from the traffic and exhausts. Since 1982 here they cultivate medicinal plants and healthy spice plants according to the rules of the biological cultivation. This is an active contribution to the conservation of environment, nature and health.
   
The mill of Malenger
The mill of Malenger is a part of lived tradition and is located at the same-named farm in St. Vigil beneath our hotel. The mill exists since at least 500 years, almost unchanged through the storms of time. Like several generations before, the proprietor still mills his grain cultivated naturally by himself after the principles of old traditions.

„Königswarte“ – the look-out of the king

The “Königswarte” is truly the right name for this kinglike panorama point in the Laranzer forest with a magnificent foresight in western direction. It is reachable starting from Siusi allo Sciliar following the way n. 5 across Telfen.

Witch chairs

The witch chairs in the forest above Tiosels (Castelrotto) are two chair shaped blocks of stone. We are not able to specify, if they have a prehistoric importance or if they simply are a funny joke of Mother Nature. To approach the witch chairs start in Castelrotto and walk across Tiosels following the way n. 7 and 8.
   
South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology – „Ötzi“ the Iceman
The South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology is located in the old town of Bolzano and documents all the historic epochs of the land, from the Paleolithic Age through to the Carolingians Era. The museum became world famous for the exhibition of the mummy “Iceman Ötzi” with all his original clothing and equipment.
Opening time: Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 am – 6.00 pm, Thursday 10.00 am – 8.00 pm.
 
The castle ruin Hauenstein
Beneath the rocks of the Santner Peak is located the castle ruin Hauenstein, built in the 12th century by the Lords of Hauenstein. The minstrel Oswald von Wolkenstein was one of his famous proprietors. The castle was enlarged between the 15th and 16th century and renovated in the years 1976-1977 in occasion of the 600th anniversary celebration of Oswald von Wolkenstein. The ruin is reachable from Siusi allo Sciliar walking along the path n. 8.
 
The castle ruin Salegg
In the Hauenstein Forest, near to the Ruin Hauenstein is located the castle ruin Salegg. Today, the former castle only shows scarce walls giving space to the visitor’s imagination. The walk n. 3b leads up to the ruin and starts from Siusi allo Sciliar.
 
The Castle Prösels
The Castel Prösels is known as one of the most beautiful castles of our land. This ancient construction was renovated with Renaissance style and amplified in the time between 1490 and 1520. This outstanding building shows several impressive intern premises like the castle courtyard with the loggias and the late Gothic frescos, the column hall, the singular winding stairs of sandstone, the hall of knights in the great hall, the freestanding castle chapel and the so-called Wagner Chamber with its Renaissance paintings. The summer offers castle guides as well as several cultural events like concerts, exhibitions and theater performances. The Castle Prösels can only be visited accompanied by a guide, every day except on Saturday.

Online Request:
From:   
To:   


© Internet Service - Impressum